Jajce, a royal town and an open air museum made of stone, light and water, is located in the central part of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
One of the most recognizable symbols of Jajce is Jajce's fortress, at the heart of the medieval town, built in the middle of 15th century.
During the past few centuries this fortress has been extended, repaired and upgraded. On the southwestern part of the fortress above the primary entrance of the fortress is a royal portal carved with the royal coats of arms. This portal was carved in a time between the reign of King Tvrtko II and King Stjepan Tomasevic who set up the royal court in Jajce in 1421.