The Elči Ibrahim Pasha's Madrassah (religious school) was founded in 1706 through an endowment bestowed by the Ottoman vezir Elči Ibrahim- pasha.
It is the first and the oldest educational institution in Travnik. The building was demolished in 1892 and near the old building a new school was built in the Pseudo-Moorish style.
After being destroyed many times, the last demolition of the school was the effect of the construction of the railway line. Madrassah is situated right at the town entry of Travnik, only 100 meters from touristic destination "Plava voda".